With creamy walnuts, crumbled goat's cheese, woody parsnips and juicy pears, this roasted salad is packed with delicious ingredients and makes a hearty lunch or dinner. This easy recipe from SORTEDfood shows you how to make the most of an unusual but wonderful combination of ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200ºC.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the quartered parsnips in the oil. Season with salt and plenty of pepper and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 20 mins, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel the remaining parsnips (discarding the peelings), then continue peeling right down to the core to get thin ribbons. Do the same with the pears. Put the parsnip and pear ribbons into a bowl and squeeze over a little lemon juice to stop them going brown.
- In a pan, heat the honey with the remaining lemon juice and the olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the goat's cheese, rocket leaves, chopped walnuts and parsley to the bowl containing the parsnip and pear ribbons and toss well. Arrange on a large serving platter with the roasted parsnips on top. Pour over the hot dressing to serve.
See more SORTEDfood recipes
Recipe taken from the SORTED Food recipe collection.