100g dried fruit and nut mix
1 large free-range egg
1 mug of wholemeal self-raising flour
1 mug of semi-skimmed milk
½ tsp ground cinnamon
3 ripe bananas
6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
clear honey (optional)
1. Whizz the dried fruit and nuts in a food processor to a chunky crumb.
2. Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl, add the flour, milk and cinnamon, and whisk together until you have a smooth batter.
3. Peel and halve the bananas lengthways. Place a large frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil. Add 2 banana halves to the pan, cut-side down, and fry for 3 mins, or until lightly caramelised.
4. Pour a ladleful of batter over each banana, cook for 2 mins, or until tiny bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden, then confidently flip them over and cook for 1 min more. Repeat as required with the remaining bananas and batter – I like to work in batches so the pancakes are always hot.
5. Serve straight away, topped with a dollop of yogurt, the fruit and nut crumb, and a drizzle of honey, if you like.