Pesto salmon veg bowl recipe
Packed with fresh flavours, this vibrant rice bowl is an easy recipe for two - serve warm for dinner, or save leftovers for lunch the next day if cooking for one. Pesto-baked salmon joins Tenderstem broccoli, courgette, sweet cherry tomatoes and steamed curly kale. See method
- 100g easy-cook brown rice, rinsed well
- 30g curly kale, woody stems removed
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp Tesco Free From green pesto
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 120g Tenderstem broccoli tips
- 1 courgette, cut into 1cm slices
- 220g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 tsp olive oil
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 8, 220ºC, fan 200ºC. Bring 250ml water to the boil in a small saucepan. Add the rice and stir well. Bring back to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 mins or until tender and all the water has been absorbed. Once the rice is cooked, take off the heat, stir through the kale and cover with the lid for 2-3 mins to wilt.
- Put the salmon fillets towards one side of a large baking tray or shallow roasting tin. Stir together the pesto and the lemon juice and spread over the salmon.
- Add the Tenderstem, courgette and cherry tomatoes to the other side of the baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 15-18 mins until the salmon is cooked through. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the vegetables.
- Divide the rice and kale between 2 bowls and flake the salmon into chunks in the bowl, removing the skin. Arrange the roasted vegetables over each bowl. Serve warm, or allow to cool to room temperature, cover and chill for up to 3 days before eating.
See more Recipes to serve 2