Delicious, crispy parcels filled with sweet roasted pumpkin, pine nuts, creamy mozzarella and fresh mint. These savoury pastries are a great way to celebrate the sweet flavour of pumpkin in autumn, or would make a delicious snack for a Halloween party.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Toss the pumpkin (or butternut squash) with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season well and roast for 15 minutes or until softened and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion, chilli, garlic; season well. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the pumpkin and vinegar and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, chill for 10 minutes, and then stir in the pine nuts, mozzarella and mint.
- Preheat a large baking sheet in the oven. Meanwhile, take 2 sheets of filo and brush one with butter. Sandwich with the unbrushed sheet to double the thickness, and then slice vertically into 3 strips. Put a heaped tsp of the pumpkin mixture in the lower corner of one strip. Fold the filo over the filling to make a triangle, then continue folding up until tight. Brush again with butter. Repeat with the remaining filo and filling.
- Transfer the triangles to the hot baking tray (this keeps the base crisp) and cook for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
See more Pumpkin recipes