Salted caramel and chocolate popcorn bites recipe
Loaded with sea-salted caramel and rich chocolate, guests aren't going to be able to keep their hands off these delicious popcorn bites. You can also make a batch and package it up as edible gifts for loved ones. See method
- 75g (2 1/2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 50ml (1 3/4fl oz) double cream
- 20g unsalted butter
- generous pinch sea salt
- 25g lightly salted popcorn
- 50g milk chocolate
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Melt the sugar, double cream and butter in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat slightly and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the sea salt and remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the popcorn in a heatproof bowl and pour over the caramel. Stir well, so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of just simmering water. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn and mix to combine.
- Line a tray with nonstick baking paper. Using a dessert spoon, put 12 small spoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray. Leave to set in the fridge for around 2 hours.
Tip: Whizz any leftover salted popcorn and use instead of breadcrumbs as a coating for chicken or fish.
See more Party food recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.