1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. Trim and dice the swede and carrots from the vegetable medley into 1.5cm cubes. Cook in a large pan of boiling water for 5 mins.
3. Trim and cut the parsnip into 4 long slices, add to the pan and cook for 3 more mins.
4. Peel and cut the red onion into 6 wedges. Peel and cut the beetroot into 1cm half moons. Drain the swede, carrots and parsnips, then spread out in one layer on a large baking tray. Add the onion wedges and beetroot pieces, drizzle with the oil and toss gently to coat.
5. Transfer to the oven to roast for 25 mins.
6. Cut each sausage into 4 and add to the tray with the leaves from half the thyme. Roast for a further 25 mins, until the sausages are golden and the veg is tender. 7. Mix the pesto with 2 tbsp cold water and drizzle over the dish to serve. Scatter with the remaining thyme.
See more Budget recipes