400g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1.5cm pieces
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
3 tbsp tikka curry paste
400g tin chopped tomatoes
100ml hot vegetable stock
400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
100g baby spinach
2 x 250g packs microwave wholegrain rice
4 tbsp dairy-free natural yogurt, to serve
1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato pieces and cook for 15 mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile, add the oil to a large lidded frying or sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the tikka curry paste and cook for 1 min. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and season with black pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
4. Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and add to the pan, along with the chickpeas and the spinach. Stir everything together. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 4-5 mins until the spinach has just wilted, stirring once.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions.
6. Divide the rice between 4 serving bowls and spoon over the curry. Top with a dollop of yogurt, a lime wedge and a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves.
See more Vegan recipes