1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Line a roasting tin with baking paper.
2. Peel the apples and place in a bowl of water with the lemon squeezed into it, to stop the apples from browning. Core and chop the apples into chunks and return to the lemon water.
3. Drain the apples and return to the bowl with the brown sugar and spices; toss together well.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan and sprinkle in the salt.
5. Pour in the apples and cook over a gentle heat for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Roll out the pastry and fold all the edges in, roughly 2cm. Using a fork, press all around the edges to make a nice pattern. Spread with the remaining butter and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Place the pastry in the prepared tin.
7. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the apples over the centre of the pastry, leaving the folded edges clear. Reserve the liquid in the frying pan.
8. Bake the tart for 22-25 minutes until the edges are risen and golden.
9. Remove the cooked tart from the oven and leave to cool for 5 mins before drizzling with the leftover juices in the pan.
10. Serve with the ice dream treat.
See more Plant-based recipes