- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry onto a clean board and use a pastry cutter to stamp out 6 x 11cm (4½in) discs. Using a smaller cutter or a knife, lightly score another circle inside the disc to make a border.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 8 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden. Leave to cool for 1 minute, and then gently press down the puffed middle to create a hollow space for the filling. Turn the oven down to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water. Chop the short asparagus stalks into small pieces, leaving the head of the tips whole (put these to one side).
- Put a spoonful of crème fraîche in middle of each tart, then add the asparagus stalks and top with the cubes of Camembert.
- Add the reserved asparagus tips and finish with the Parma ham strips. Season with black pepper and bake for 6-8 minutes, until the Camembert has melted and the Parma ham is crisp. Serve hot with a leafy salad on the side, if you like.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Baking recipes