BBQ chicken nachos recipe
These loaded nachos, which come covered in a mound of BBQ chicken breast pieces and melted mozzarella, are a great way to add some all-American flavour to any occasion. They're also perfect for sharing. See method
- 180g pack cooked BBQ chicken breast pieces
- 4 tbsp All-American Inspired BBQ Sauce
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 200g pack lightly salted tortilla chips
- 150g grated mozzarella
- 50ml reduced-fat soured cream or low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Tip the chicken into a bowl, tearing any larger pieces into smaller ones. Stir in 2 tbsp BBQ sauce and the red onion.
- On a baking tray (about 20 x 30cm), layer up half the tortilla chips with spoonfuls of half the BBQ chicken and half the mozzarella. Top with the remaining tortilla chips, chicken and cheese, finishing with a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the tortillas are crisp. Dollop over the soured cream or yogurt, drizzle over the remaining BBQ sauce and scatter with the spring onions and coriander to serve.
See more Family favourite recipes