Cheat’s beetroot gnocchi recipe
Perfect for when you want a tasty, healthy dinner while keeping cost and effort low. Wicked Kitchen pink beetroot pesto gives this healthy, vegan gnocchi its vibrant colour and taste, made only better with green beans. Serve with cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil to finish. See method
- 70g Wicked Kitchen pink beetroot pesto
- 45g Stockwell & Co. instant mash
- 90g plain flour
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 220g Redmere Farms green beans
This recipe is a source of folic acid, which supports the reduction of tiredness
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the Wicked Kitchen pink beetroot pesto in a saucepan with 60ml water. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in instant mash; season. Mix well; when you have a dense mash, stir in the plain flour. Form into a dough with your hands, then roll it out to a rough square, 1.5cm thick. Cut 6 vertical strips and 5 horizontal ones to create 30 rectangles, then press with a fork to make indentations.
- Working in batches, cook the gnocchi in a pan of simmering water for 2-3 mins until they float to the surface. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate; drizzle with a little olive oil and gently toss with the chopped Parsley.
- Meanwhile, boil a pack Redmere Farms green beans for 3 mins; drain. Serve with the gnocchi, drizzled with ½ tbsp olive oil and a twist of black pepper.
See more 5-ingredient recipes