Chicken traybake with vine tomatoes and courgettes recipe
Traybakes are the perfect answer to lazy midweek evenings and this is no exception, loaded with succulent chicken breasts, fluffy potatoes, tender courgettes, green beans and juicy vine tomatoes. Not only is it super easy to make, but it's also low in fat and high in protein, making it a total dinner winner. See method
- 300g baking potatoes, scrubbed, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm half-moons
- 500g courgettes, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm half-moons
- 220g green beans, trimmed
- 4 chicken breasts
- 220g pack cherry tomatoes on the vine, separated into 4 vines
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml chicken stock, made with 1 cube
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of boiling salted water; cook for 5 mins. Drain well, then put in a large roasting tin with the courgettes and green beans; toss together.
- Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of clingfilm and use a rolling pin to bash to a thickness of roughly 1cm. Put the chicken on top of the veg in the tin along with the tomatoes.
- Scatter over the lemon zest, drizzle with the oil and season. Cook on the top shelf of the oven for 20 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat showing. Mix the stock and lemon juice, then pour over and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
Tip: Reduce the salt by omitting the stock cube and mixing the lemon juice with boiling water.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.