Creamy fish stew recipe
This creamy fish stew is filled with a triple combination of smoked haddock, cod and salmon for maximum flavour. Add plenty of green beans and peas for extra veg in this one-pot meal. See method
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 fish stock pot, made with 500ml water
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 400g pack frozen fish pie mix
- 300g frozen peas
- 110g green beans, trimmed and halved
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 10 mins until softened. Add the garlic, fry for 1 min, then add the potatoes. Pour in the fish stock. Simmer for 15 mins until the potatoes are just tender.
- Mix the flour with 2-3 tbsp of the milk to make a smooth paste and pour this into the pan with the remaining milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring, until thickened slightly.
- Gently stir through the fish pie mix, peas and beans. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 8-10 mins until the fish is cooked through and the green beans are tender. Season with pepper and serve in shallow bowls.
See more Fish recipes