Seafood pie recipe
Filled with a frozen cooked seafood cocktail mix, this solo seafood pie is a great dinner for one and the perfect comfort meal for when you're feeling under the weather. See method
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- ½ fish stock cube
- 1 tsp snipped chives
- 60g frozen sliced leeks
- 130g frozen cooked seafood cocktail
- 300g tin peeled new potatoes in water, drained and thickly sliced
- 20g Cheddar, grated
- 80g pack Tenderstem broccoli
If you don't have any leeks, try using spring or white onions instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200˚C, fan 180˚C. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1-2 mins until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, whisking until smooth. Crumble in the stock cube and season with black pepper.
- Add the chives, frozen leeks and seafood cocktail and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the seafood mixture into an individual baking dish or small enamel pie dish and arrange the sliced potatoes on top. Scatter with the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the sauce is bubbling and the dish is golden at the edges.
- Let cool for 5 mins. Steam or boil the Tenderstem broccoli and serve alongside the seafood pie.
Leftovers:Stir leftover chives through mashed potatoes, or mix with soured cream for an easy dip.
See more Seafood Recipes