Comfort food doesn't get much more classic than this Italian favourite, featuring layers of rich beef mince and a creamy sauce.
- Preheat oven to gas 4, 190°C, fan 170°C.
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Crumble in the Knorr cube and stir in. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, until just soft. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion, carrot and bayleaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the Flora Cuisine and flour. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne sheets and sauce ending with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese. Cook for 30-40 minutes and serve immediately.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Once the dish has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. Loosely cover with foil and bake until dish is thoroughly heated through. Reheat until piping hot.
See more Italian recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.