Nothing says winter like the rich aromas from a slow-cooked meal. This flavoursome, one-pot wonder will definitely be a winner with the family, great served with tagliatelle or creamy potato mash.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium to high heat. Toss the beef cubes in the flour, then brown in batches and set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the casserole dish, reduce the heat to medium and cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir through the tomato purée and half the rosemary and cook for 2 minutes before returning the beef back to the pan with the red wine and passata. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to gas 8, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes until they float to the top. Drain and place over the beef. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and remaining rosemary and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
See more Beef recipes