- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the carrot, courgette and mushrooms and fry over a medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Tip into a large bowl and set to one side.
- Meanwhile heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix the turkey mince with the veg and shape into 16 balls. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the meatballs and cook, turning frequently, for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Boil the Maris Piper potatoes for 5 minutes, add the sweet potatoes, boil for a further 10 minutes, or until both are tender, then drain and mash.
- Stir the meatballs through the sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Serve with the mashed potato.
For even more veggie goodness, defrost a couple of frozen spinach portions into the hot mash.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Freeze meatballs and sauce only. Cook as instructed and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. To reheat and serve, place on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the dish is heated through.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.