2 medium aubergines (about 260g each), trimmed and sliced into 1cm thick rounds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
200g basmati rice, rinsed
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
140g cherry tomatoes, quartered
400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
200g tin sweetcorn, drained
15g freshly chopped coriander
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Fill a kettle with water and put on to boil. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper. Spread the aubergine slices out on the baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle over the paprika, then roast in the oven for 17 mins.
2. Tip the rice into a medium pan. Pour over water from the boiled kettle to cover, then bring to the boil over a medium heat and cook for 12 mins or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 mins, then stir in the garlic and the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 mins, then tip in the mixed bean salad and cook for 1 min. Set aside.
4. Drain the rice and return to the pan and allow to steam for 5 mins off the heat.
5. Remove the aubergine slices from the oven and top with the tomato and bean mixture, pushing it into the middle of the slices. Crumble over the feta and return to the oven for 5 mins. Mix the sweetcorn and coriander into the rice and divide between 4 serving plates, then top with the aubergine slices. Sprinkle with sliced chilli to serve.
See more Under-30 Minute meals