Thursday: Turkey burrito
200g long grain rice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
3 mixed peppers, deseeded and sliced
250g pack turkey thigh mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
30g sachet fajita seasoning
395g tin taco mixed beans in spicy tomato sauce
8 plain tortilla wraps
200g mature Cheddar, grated
1 large avocado, sliced
15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
50ml crème fraîche
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 15 mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the onion and peppers for 10 mins, stirring regularly, until the veg is soft and golden.
3. Add the turkey mince to the pan. Fry for 8 mins, stirring constantly, until cooked through and golden brown. Stir in the garlic and fajita seasoning. Cook for another 2 mins, then remove from the heat.
4. Tip the taco beans into a small saucepan and simmer for 5 mins until warmed through and thickened. Keep warm over a low heat until you assemble the burritos.
5. Warm the tortillas in a stack in the microwave for 1 min until soft or toast them individually in a dry frying pan for 20 secs on each side before stacking to keep warm. Fluff up the rice with a fork.
6. To serve, divide the rice between the wraps, then top with the turkey mince and peppers. Add the spicy beans and a few slices of avocado. Scatter over a little cheese, coriander and a small dollop of crème fraîche. Fold up the top and bottom edges, then roll to fully enclose the filling. Cut in half and serve immediately.