Air-fryer ham and courgette pastries recipe
These tasty little pastries are so quick and easy to make in an air-fryer, with crisp puff pastry and an oozy ham and cheese filling. The addition of courgette adds moisture and a bit of hidden veg for kids. Perfect for lunch, picnics or snacking. See method
- 1 small courgette
- 320g pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 125g pack Eastman’s wafer thin cooked ham
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 100g grated mozzarella and cheese mix
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- pinch of poppy seeds (optional)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the air-fryer to 200°C. Coarsely grate the courgette and, using your hands squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
- Unroll the pastry on a work surface, leaving it on the baking paper it came with. Cut into 4 equal-sized rectangles. Separate the ham slices and arrange in little bundles over one half of the pastry rectangles, leaving a 1cm border. Sprinkle with a little of the cheese.
- Top with the squeezed-out courgette, the spring onions and the remaining cheese. Season with black pepper, then fold the pastries over the filling and crimp the edges to seal.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg wash and cut a few slits in the top to let the steam escape. Sprinkle over the poppy seeds, if using, then carefully lift into the air-fryer.
- Cook for 8-10 mins, until the tops are golden and firm. Carefully flip the pastries, then cook for a further 2-4 mins until golden brown. Lift out of the air fryer and flip top-side up. Leave to cool for 5 mins before serving.
See more Air-fryer tips and recipes