Barbecued chicken with guacamole recipe
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) guacamole
- rice to serve
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 150g (5oz) baby plum tomatoes, halved
For the salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp olive oil
- pinch of caster sugar
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Place the chicken skin side up on a plate, rub the skin with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken over hot barbecue coals for 10-15 minutes, turning once until the chicken is charred on the outside. Cut into a thick chunk and check that it is cooked through, with no pink showing.
- Meanwhile mix all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of rice with the salad and guacamole served alongside.
See more Chicken recipes
If you're barbecuing for lots of people, cook the meat in the oven first then finish it on the barbecue for flavour and to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked. This is particularly important for poultry.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.