Spice up your family’s life with this Caribbean turkey curry. If your kids are new to the world of curries, this mild, mango-sweetened version is the perfect introduction. It’s also gluten-free and dairy-free, so keep this recipe up your sleeve for when you’ve got any guests with dietary requirements coming over for dinner.
- Let the kids rate the ginger on the fine side of a box grater and pick the coriander leaves. Set both aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the onion, ginger and spices. Stir-fry over a gentle heat for 3 mins, or until the onions are soft. Add the turkey and fry over a medium heat for 5 mins, until sealed and slightly golden. Remove from the heat, and let the kids stir in the coconut milk (reserving 2-3 tbsp for the rice), 70ml water and the mango.
- Simmer for 20 mins, or until the sauce is thick and the turkey is cooked through. Stir through half the coriander 2 mins before the end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following the pack instructions. Stir in the drained beans 5 mins before the end of cooking. Drain, return to the pan then stir through the reserved coconut milk.
- Serve the curry on the rice and scatter with the remaining coriander to garnish.
See more Main recipes for kids
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.