Claire's 'treat time' fruit cones recipe
The ultimate summer treat, Claire from our story has given her ice cream cones a healthy makeover with delicious fresh fruits and cool natural yogurt. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy, serve up these healthy fruit cones as part of an outdoor feast or after a day at the seaside. See method
- 50g milk chocolate
- 6 ice cream cones
- 4 strawberries
- 8 green seedless grapes
- 8 raspberries
- 8 blueberries
- 1 nectarine, stoned and sliced
- 6 tsp natural yogurt
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Break the milk chocolate into small pieces and put in a microwavable bowl or cup. Melt in the microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring after each burst, until smooth and completely melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Dip the rims of the ice cream cones into the melted chocolate, then put upright in glasses and leave to set.
- Chop 2 of the strawberries into tiny pieces. Reserve 6 of each of the other fruits (including 6 nectarine slices) and cut the leftover fruit into small pieces. Divide the chopped fruit between the cones, filling right to the top.
- Cut the reserved strawberries into slices and the grapes and blueberries in half. To decorate, add 1 tsp yogurt to each cone and top with the remaining fruit.
Don’t let water come into contact with the chocolate as it melts or it will go lumpy.
Make a filling and fresh breakfast smoothie by blitzing together leftover fruit with yogurt and oats.