Dukkah-crusted halloumi and watermelon skewers recipe
With a great balance of sweet and savoury, these quick and easy vegetarian canapés are the perfect cocktail party nibble. Lightly spiced halloumi sits on top of juicy watermelon, finished with fragrant mint and harissa. See method
- 225g pack halloumi, cut into 18 chunks
- 3 tbsp dukkah
- 380g pack watermelon chunks
- 30g pot harissa dressing
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Pat dry the halloumi and roll in the dukkah. Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the cheese in batches for 2-3 mins each side until golden and softened.
- Skewer the halloumi chunks on cocktail sticks, then add a watermelon chunk to each and drizzle over the harissa dressing.
- Scatter with a little more dukkah and the mint leaves to serve.
See more Canapè recipes