Salmon and cream cheese frittata recipe
Hot smoked salmon and cream cheese are a marriage made in brunch heaven. Rustle up this gorgeous frittata in less than half an hour for a healthy, hearty dish that is as perfect for lazy weekends as it is for breakfast on the go. See method
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 180g pack hot smoked salmon fillets, skin removed
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp light soft cheese
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Heat the oil in a 25cm nonstick ovenproof frying pan. Add the spinach and wilt for 30 secs. Remove from the heat, discard any liquid and season well. Spread the spinach over the base of the pan. Flake the salmon in bite-size pieces over the spinach.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, crème fraîche and (reserving a little to garnish) together and season well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the salmon and spinach and stir to combine, then dot over the soft cheese in small dollops. Scatter with the reserved dill and then cook over a low heat for 8-10 mins, until it is just setting on the bottom.
- Grill for 4-5 mins, until the top has just set. Loosen the edges with a palette knife and then slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
See more Breakfast recipes