Smashed garlic and Parmesan sweet potatoes recipe
Add something new to your Christmas dinner table and make these smashed sweet potatoes with a cheesy Parmesan crust. Drizzled with garlic butter and squashed halfway through roasting for maximum crispy edges, these are sure to be a welcome addition to any roast. See method
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 45g Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, finely grated
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds about 2.5cm thick, keeping the skin on. Put on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season. Roast for 20 mins until softened.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, then add the crushed garlic and rosemary. Remove the baking tray from the oven. Using the base of a heavy glass or mug, press down on each potato round until they are a little crushed and flattened.
- Drizzle the garlic butter over each potato and scatter with the grated cheese. Return to the oven for 15 mins, or until the cheese is melted and the potato skins are starting to turn crispy. Serve hot.
See more Christmas side dish recipes