Soured cream and chive mashed potatoes recipe
This make ahead mashed potatoes recipe is your perfect go-to mash for topping pies, switching up your Sunday roast or making fishcakes. It only requires three ingredients, with soured cream making it healthier and creamier and chives adding a burst of flavour. Enjoy immediately, or freeze for another time. See method
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, cooked
- 75ml soured cream
- 10 chives, snipped
If you don't have sour cream, use crème fraîche or yogurt
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Mash the potatoes. Once smooth, stir the cream and chives; season.
- Once cool, freeze in a well-sealed bag or container. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then reheat in a pan with a splash of milk or cold water.
How to use:
– Use to top a batch of mince for cottage or shepherd’s pie
– Serve with roast chicken for a twist on your Sunday roast
– Use to make fishcakes.
See more Side dish recipes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.