Wednesday: Broccoli and pea fritters with bacon and eggs
8 rashers streaky bacon
350g pack broccoli, broken into small florets, stem finely chopped
200g frozen peas
75g plain flour
50g grated mature Cheddar cheese
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Bake the bacon on a foil-lined baking tray for 12-15 mins, turning halfway, until crisp. Reduce the oven to gas 1, 120°C, fan 100°C, leaving the bacon in to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 4 mins; remove with a slotted spoon. Put 300g in a mixing bowl and set the rest aside. Add the peas to the water and simmer for 3 mins; drain. Add 50g to the bowl with the broccoli and set the rest aside with the reserved broccoli, covering to keep warm.
3. Roughly blitz the broccoli and peas in the bowl using a stick blender (or in a food processor). Mix in 1 egg, the flour, cheese and garlic; season.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Divide the fritter mix into 8. Fry in batches, flattening into 1cm-thick discs in the pan, for 5-6 mins each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and put in the oven to keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, poach 2 eggs in a pan of simmering water for 3 mins or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
6. Serve 2 fritters each, topped with bacon and an egg, and the reserved broccoli and peas alongside.