Air-fryer sugar ‘n’ spice doughnuts recipe
Sugar, spice and all things very nice are the secret ingredients in these deliciously festive doughnuts that take just 20 minutes to make from scratch. Mop up the cranberry dipping sauce with the doughnuts while they’re still soft and warm. See method
- 200g Tesco Greek Style Honey Yogurt, or plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 175g self-raising flour
- oil spray
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 60g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- pinch ground cloves, optional
For the dipping sauce
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce, microwaved for 10secs to soften
No self-raising flour? Add 2 tsp baking powder for every 150g plain flour
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the air-fryer to 180C.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt and self-raising flour with a pinch of salt to form a stiff dough.
- Use a little oil to grease your hands and roll the dough into 12-14 small chestnut-sized balls. Spray the air-fryer basket with some oil.
- Cook in the air fryer for 12-15mins, shaking the basket every 4mins to help keep the dough balls round. The doughnuts should be golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- While the doughnuts cook, set out a bowl with melted butter and another bowl with the sugar and spices mixed together.
- A few at a time, use a fork to lightly dunk the doughnuts in the melted butter and then immediately roll in the spiced sugar.
- Put the doughnuts onto a serving plate and spoon the yogurt for the sauce into a small bowl or ramekin. Swirl through cranberry sauce and serve while the doughnuts are still warm.
Tip: Use your favourite baking spices for the spiced sugar dusting, if you’re feeling adventurous, a pinch of chipotle chilli flakes adds a kick to classic cinnamon and sugar.
See more Christmas air-fryer recipes