This delicious, sweet pie, filled with juicy berries is the perfect Autumnal dessert. Simple to make, using only six key ingredients, you'll be tucking in to this berry nice pie and a dollop of cream before you know it.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. On a floured surface, roll out two-thirds of the pastry into a circle to fit a 20cm-wide pie dish. Put into the tin, crimp the edges, then cut off and reserve any excess pastry. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut circles with different sized fluted cutters. Place on a floured tray; chill.
- Remove the pie dish from the fridge. Line with baking paper and baking beans, then bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans, then brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle over 1/2 tbsp of the sugar and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess juice from the berries. Put in a bowl, stir in the cornflour, orange zest and 100g (3 1/2oz) of sugar, then pour into the pie dish.
- Top the pie with the pastry circles, brush with beaten egg and top with the remaining sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool completely before serving.