Traditionally made with cherries, clafoutis is a soft-baked French dessert that sets fruit in a light batter. To give the dish a seasonal spin, we have used blackberries. Their sweet tang makes them a perfect pairing for the soft, sweet batter.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C and grease a 1.25ltr baking dish. Toss the berries with 1 tbsp caster sugar and the lime zest. Arrange in the dish in a single layer.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and remaining sugar until thickened and creamy. Sift over the flour, then beat into the egg mixture. Whisk in the cream, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and bake for 35-40 mins, until just set and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whizz the blackberries and icing sugar in a food processor. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds, then add the lemon juice to taste.
- Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve warm, accompanied by the blackberry sauce.
See more Dessert recipes