Banana pancake sandwiches recipe
These mini banana pancakes are freezable, meaning you can bring them out the freezer whenever your kids are feeling snackish. Sandwich your pancakes together with whatever you fancy - we like peanut butter, Greek yogurt and summer berries. See method
- 2 ripe bananas (about 200g)
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 50g 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
- 400g mixed summer berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), halved or sliced
Low in saturated fat and a source of fibre
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. Gently beat in the eggs, then whisk in the flour until fully combined. Stir in the milk.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and brush with a little oil. Spoon 1 heaped tbsp of batter per pancake into the frying pan to make pancakes 6-7cm wide. Cook 1-2 mins each side until golden, then transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter, brushing with a little more oil between batches. You should get 24 pancakes. At this stage, kids can cut them into shapes with cookie cutters, if you like.
- Spread half the pancakes with a little peanut butter and the rest with 1 tsp yogurt and some of the berries. Sandwich with a peanut butter pancake and serve with the remaining berries.
See more Snacks for kids
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Freeze pancakes only. In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.