Pancakes with bananas and ice cream recipe
This indulgent pancake recipe served with bananas and creamy vanilla ice cream is gorgeous as a pud. See method
- 4 bananas, peeled and split
- 25g unsalted butter
- 50ml dark rum
- 25g light brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml ice cream
For the pancakes
- 100g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 300ml milk
- 30g butter, melted
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a jug until combined. Pour half of the egg and milk mixture onto the flour and whisk until you have a smooth, thick batter. Pour the rest of the wet ingredients onto the batter and whisk until you have a thinner, smooth batter.
- Add tablespoons of the melted butter to a large frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Fry the pancake batter making sure you tilt the pan to coat the surface as soon as you have added the batter. Flip and cook the other side of the pancake once one side is set. Continue cooking them in this way until you have used up all the batter; keep the cooked pancakes on a plate lined with tin foil that is large enough to be wrapped up around the pancakes and cover them loosely.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a large frying pan over a moderate heat until it stops foaming. Add the banana halves, sugar and vanilla extract to the pan. Swirl the pan to help dissolve and caramelize the sugar. Add the rum to the pan and ignite using a safety match. Continue to cook the bananas until the flames extinguish.
- When ready to serve, lay two pancakes on each serving plate and top with two banana halves and two scoops of ice cream to one side.
See more Dessert recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.