Chicken fajita pizza recipe
Marrying an Italian classic with tongue-tingling Mexican flavours, this crispy pizza makes a speedy midweek meal. A warm enchilada sauce is used as a base, topped with fajita-spiced chicken, pepper and red onion. Don't forget the mozzarella for a guaranteed cheesy pull when you pick up a slice! See method
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken mini fillets
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 400g pack Tesco ready rolled Pizza dough
- 100ml enchilada sauce
- 100g Tesco grated mixed mozzarella & cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the chicken for 10 mins until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool, then shred with two forks and toss with the fajita seasoning.
- Unroll the pizza base and place on a lightly floured baking tray. Ladle the enchilada sauce over the pizza base and spread to within 2cm of the border, then scatter over the finely sliced pepper, onion and chicken, then sprinkle over the cheese mix and finish with a drizzle of oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 mins until the crust is golden. Garnish with chopped coriander to serve.
See more Mexican recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home