Kids will love helping to make these cute animal-shaped pizzas, and you'll love the fact that they're healthy too! Made with muffin bases, these super snacks are topped with a speedy tomato sauce that's packed with veg.
- Make the hidden vegetable sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the mushrooms, leek, pepper and carrot for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and basil and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Blitz until smooth with a hand-held stick blender or in a food processor. Set aside until ready to make the pizzas or freeze for a later date.
- Heat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Toast the muffins and lay out on 2 lined baking sheets. Top each half with half a tablespoon of tomato sauce and a cheese slice, cutting to the same size as the muffins. Reserve the offcuts to make ears and beaks. Bake for 10 mins, until the cheese is melted and golden.
- To make the owl, take 2 muffins and put 1 turkey slice onto each, then use the cheese offcuts to make the ears and beak. Add a couple of slices of red pepper strips for the wings and use the mini mozzarella and blueberries for the eyes.
- To make the cat, cut the remaining turkey slice into 4 triangles for the ears and place on 2 of the muffins. Add blueberries for the eyes, an olive for the nose and red pepper sticks for the whiskers.
- To make the rabbit, add halved cherry tomatoes to 2 of the muffins for the eyes, add an olive for the nose, 2 chunks of yellow pepper to make the teeth and add 2 spinach leaves for the ears.
- To make the dog, halve each slice of salami and add to the remaining muffins to make ears. Place a piece of mozzarella in the middle to make the base of the nose, then top with a slice of olive. Use 2 olive slices to make the eyes, then cut the remaining red pepper sticks into tiny pieces and shape into a mouth.
See more Easy recipes for kids