Roasted strawberries and cream porridge recipe
Give a comforting bowl of porridge a summer twist with this roasted strawberries and cream porridge recipe. Perfect for cooler summer mornings, a hearty bowl of porridge is topped with juicy, caramelised roasted strawberries and a swirl of cream for a breakfast twist on this classic British treat. See method
- 360g strawberries, larger ones halved
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 200g oats
- 1.2ltr semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp single cream
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat your oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Arrange the strawberries in a single layer in a roasting tin and scatter over the sugar and 2 tbsp of water. Roll the strawberries around in the tin until well coated. Cook for 20 mins until the strawberries are soft but still holding their shape.
- Meanwhile, place the porridge oats in a large saucepan and pour over the milk and vanilla extract. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 mins until thickened and creamy. Stir occasionally, being careful that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- To serve, divide the porridge between 4 bowls, swirl a tablespoon of cream into each bowl and top with some of the roasted strawberries and a drizzle of syrup. Serve immediately.
See more Breakfast recipes