Sweet potato, pesto and pepperoni pizza recipe
Serve up a feast with this family-style sweet potato, pesto and pepperoni pizza recipe. This unusual combination really works, using ready made pizza dough for a quick pizza fix - slice into generous squares and serve with a peppery rocket salad. See method
- 400g pack pizza dough
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 75g pesto
- 60g pepperoni slices
- 100g grated Cheddar cheese
- 60g bag rocket
If you don't have any Cheddar, try using another hard cheese
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Remove the pizza dough from the fridge and leave for 10 mins while you prepare your toppings. Heat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into thin rounds.
- Unravel the pizza dough, keeping it on its baking paper, and transfer to a baking sheet. Prick the base with a fork and spoon over the pesto, smoothing it out with the back of a spoon, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Add the sweet potato and pepperoni in an alternating pattern just slightly overlapping. Scatter over the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling, the sweet potato is tender, and the pizza dough is puffed and is golden. Serve with the rocket alongside.
See more Pizza recipes