Monday: Cauliflower cheese fritters
460g jar macaroni cheese pasta bake sauce
100g plain flour
3 tbsp vegetable oil
300g pack crunchy coleslaw mix
40g mixed watercress, spinach and rocket
1. Remove any leaves from the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and cut the stalk into 1cm cubes. Boil for 10 mins until tender.
2. Drain the cauliflower and leave to steam dry for 5 mins. Put the cheese sauce and 100g flour in a large bowl and season with pepper. Mix together until smooth.
3. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces. Add to the cheese sauce and stir well to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Using 2 dessert spoons, add scoops of the cauliflower batter into the pan, well-spaced apart. Flatten and shape into rounds. Fry for 3 mins until golden around the edges and set, then flip and fry for another 3 mins. Repeat with the remaining mixture – you should get 12 fritters in total.
5. Meanwhile, tip the crunchy veg from the coleslaw mix into a bowl and add the sachet of mayonnaise. Season with pepper and stir well until the veg is well coated. Chill until ready to serve.
6. When all the fritters are cooked, divide between plates and serve with the coleslaw and salad.