Beef ramen recipe
Making ramen at home doesn't need to be complicated. This easy ramen recipe is ready in just 20 mins, with tender beef steaks simmered in a quick fragrant broth with noodles and sugarsnaps. See method
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g spring onions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 2 beef stock cubes, made up to 1.25ltr
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 395g pack Boswell Farms thin cut beef steaks
- 150g sugarsnaps
- 250g fine egg noodles
Budget swap: Use leftover roast beef from your roast dinner, instead of buying more meat
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Fry the ginger, garlic and white parts of the spring onion for 2 mins until golden and fragrant. Pour the stock into the pan and cover. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar to the broth. Thinly slice the beef steak into 1cm strips. Add to the broth with the sugarsnaps and noodles. Cook for 5 mins over a medium high heat until the beef is cooked through and the noodles are tender.
- Divide the ramen between 4 bowls. Scatter with the greens of the spring onions to serve.
See more Japanese recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.