Crispy potatoes, steamed green beans and a dollop of caper butter goes wonderfull well with this succulent 28 day matured steak from the Tesco Finest range. This is a gorgeous meal to have midweek, at a dinner party or for special occasions.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and add enough water to cover, along with a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost tender. Drain, tip onto a board and cut into quarters or into similar-sized pieces. Transfer to a large baking tray, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the rosemary. Season well and bake for 20 minutes, until crisp at the edges.
- Set half a tablespoon of capers aside for garnish and chop the remainder. Stir the chopped capers into the butter and season generously with black pepper.
- Rub the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the steaks and season well. Set a griddle pan over a high heat and, when smoking hot, add the steaks (this can be done in two batches if the pan isn’t large enough to hold all four comfortably). Assuming the steaks are 2-3cm thick, cook for 2 minutes, turn with tongs and cook for just under 2 minutes more, then turn and cook for 30 seconds, followed by a further 30 seconds on the other side. This will result in a medium steak, for rare subtract 1-2 minutes from the cooking time and for well done add another 1-2 minutes, but it will depend on the steak’s thickness. Put the steaks on a plate and keep them warm while they rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the beans for 4 minutes until just tender. Serve each rested steak with a spoonful of caper butter and a few of the reserved capers on top, along with any resting juices, a few crisp potatoes and a pile of green beans.
See more Beef recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.