Make breakfast or weekend brunch a real occasion with these hearty vegan burritos. Filled with a mix of sweet roasted potatoes and peppers, mashed avocado and spicy scrambled tofu – it’s a Mexican-inspired full English all wrapped up in a soft floury tortilla.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the sweet potato in a large pan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 mins. Drain the potatoes thoroughly and toss in a roasting tray with the paprika, red pepper and 1 tbsp oil to coat. Roast for 20 mins then mix the white parts of the spring onion into the tray and return to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado flesh with most of the lime juice in a bowl, keeping the texture quite chunky. Mix the tomatoes in another bowl with the coriander and remaining lime juice.
- To make the scrambled tofu, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and the green parts of the spring onions. Cook for 2 mins until softened then add the tofu and Cajun seasoning. Mix well and break up the tofu as it cooks. Once heated through, season to taste and stir through a quarter of the roasted sweet potato and pepper.
- To serve, warm the wraps following the pack instructions. Spread some of the mashed avocado over each, top with a few spinach leaves, the tofu and sweet potato mix (you may not fit it all in). Finish with the tomatoes and a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Fold up the top and bottom edges then roll to fully enclose the filling. Cut in half and serve with the lime wedges and any remaining sweet potato on the side.
Tip: This makes a great sharing brunch to feed a crowd, simply double the quantities and let everyone assemble their own burritos at the table.
See more Vegan recipes