Leftover turkey burrito recipe
Jamie says: "Full of big flavours, these festive burritos will bring a welcome refresh on those in-between days. Get everyone to build their own using their favourite megamix of fillings." See method
- 150g basmati rice
- 1 lime
- 360g ripe tomatoes
- optional: 1 bunch of coriander (30g)
- 1 x 375g tin of sweetcorn in water
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans
- 300g leftover higher-welfare roast turkey
- 2 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- olive oil
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- optional: 75g feta or Cheddar cheese
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding a few gratings of lime zest to the water. Once the rice is cooked, drain and spread it out flat on a tray to cool.
- Halve, deseed and dice the tomatoes and roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all), if using. Drain the sweetcorn and black beans, squeeze in the juice of ½ the lime, then mix together with a small pinch of sea salt and black pepper to make a salsa.
- Shred the turkey and mix with the chipotle paste and remaining lime juice until nicely coated.
- Tear off a large piece of tin foil and rub with a little olive oil. Lay one tortilla on top and spoon one quarter of the rice down the centre, flattening it slightly. Top with a spoonful each of the chipotle turkey and salsa, then crumble over a little cheese, if using. Fold in the two sides then roll up the burrito, tightly wrapping it in the foil and scrunching the ends into a cracker shape.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, then bake for 25 minutes, or until hot and toasted. Serve with the remaining salsa on the side.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes