1 tsp olive oil
1 knob butter
2 shallots, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
250g forester mushrooms, roughly chopped
150g shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 ts wholegrain mustard
100g cooked chestnuts
½ lemon, zested and juiced
500g block puff pastry
125g Camembert cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. Start by preheating your oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6. In a large sauté pan melt 1 tsp olive oil and a knob of butter rover a high heat. Then add 2 chopped shallots, 1 clove crushed garlic, 250g chopped forestiere mushrooms, 150g roughly chopped shiitake mushrooms and 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves.
2. Sauté for 6-8 mins until golden and all the liquid has evaporated then season well and transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Once cooled add 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard, 100g cooked chestnuts roughly chopped, the zest of half a lemon and a squeeze of the juice, stir together well and set aside.
4. Next roll out a 500g block puff pastry on a floured surface. Roll into a square approx ½ cm thick and 30 cm-40cm, then cut into four. Divide the mushroom mix between the squares, piling into the middle.
5. Next slice a 125g Camembert cheese and divide between the four parcels, laying on top of the mushroom mixture. Once you’ve done this, brush two opposite ends of the pastry with beaten egg before bringing the pastry corners to the middle, squeezing gently and sealing the edges to form parcels.
6. Brush all over with beaten egg and place on lightly greased baking sheets for 20-25 mins until golden and well risen.
See more Christmas recipes