Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 20mins
125g Tesco Finest Spanish Chorizo Ring, casing removed, and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 baking potatoes, about 600g
10g coriander, roughly chopped
4 medium eggs
182g pot Tesco Fire Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Dry-fry the chopped chorizo until crisp, about 2-3mins. Strain from the pan with a slotted spoon and put into a mixing bowl. Tip the chorizo oil from the pan into a small bowl or ramekin and mix with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes onto a plate and use your hands to squeeze out the excess liquid. Add the potato to the bowl with the chorizo, along with half of the coriander. Season with salt and pepper and mix well until combined.
- Roughly divide the potato mixture into 8 and use yours hands to make into rosti shapes. You can cook the rosti in silicone egg moulds if you’d like to keep the shape perfectly round. Working in batches, heat 1 tbsp of the oil mixture in the pan over medium. Fry about 3 mounds of the mixture at a time and cook for 2-3mins on each side, until crisp and dark golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and keep warm.
- For the poached eggs, bring a small pan of water to a simmer and one at a time, crack an egg into a mug or ramekin. Swirl the water and pour the egg into the centre of the pan. Reduce the heat until the water is just barely simmering and cook for 3mins, or until the poached egg is firm to the touch. Drain with a slotted spoon and put onto a plate lined with kitchen roll while you cook the rest of the eggs.
- To serve, stack 2 rosti on a plate and spread each with a spoonful of the red pepper dip. Put a poached egg in between the rosti and sprinkle with a little of the chopped coriander and a crack of black pepper.