Tuesday: Pesto fish fingers with broccoli mash
1 tiger roll
4 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
3 tbsp plain flour
520g frozen white fish fillets, defrosted
100g pesto, plus 1 tbsp
3 tsp olive oil
15g fresh basil, leaves and stalks finely chopped
350g frozen peas
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Grate the bread roll into small breadcrumbs or pulse in a food processor until you get fine crumbs, then put on a small plate.
2. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 mins, until just tender when pierced with a knife. Add the broccoli florets for the last 10 mins, until the stems are very tender.
3. Meanwhile put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with pepper. Put 100g pesto in another shallow bowl. Pat the fish fillets dry with kitchen paper, then cut in half lengthways into 2 long strips, then cut into 2 portions to make 4 fish fingers per fillet.
4. Pat the fish in the flour until lightly coated, then coat in the pesto (adding 1 tsp oil to the pesto to loosen, if needed). Toss in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated all over. Space apart on a large shallow baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil and bake for 10-15 mins until the crumbs are golden and crunchy, and the fish is cooked and flakes when pressed.
5. Bring a saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil and add the peas. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until tender, then drain.
6. Drain and return the broccoli and potatoes to the empty pan. Mash well with some seasoning, then stir in the 1 tbsp pesto and most of the chopped basil. Serve with the fish fingers and peas and scatter with remaining basil.