Creamed sprouts with pancetta crumb recipe
Sprouts often divide the dinner table at Christmas but this revamped version is a real game changer. Nutty sprouts are fried in butter and cream until tender, and topped with a smoky pancetta crumb. This quick, easy Brussels sprouts recipe makes this festive veg a must-have Christmas dinner side. See method
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 65g smoked pancetta cubes
- 40g ciabatta, blitzed to breadcrumbs
- 20g butter
- 650g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 200ml Elmlea double cream alternative
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the pancetta for 3 mins until golden and releasing its fat. Add the breadcrumbs, stir through and fry for another 4 mins until crisp and golden, stirring regularly. Spoon into a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter with the remaining oil in the pan. Add the sprouts, season and fry for 5 mins. Pour over the Elmlea and bubble for a further 2 mins or until the sprouts are just tender. Spoon into a warmed serving dish and top with the pancetta crumbs.
Get ahead: Slice sprouts the day before, cover with damp kitchen paper and store in the fridge.
See more Christmas side dishes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.