Dulce de leche sharing cheesecake recipe
Moreish to the max, this cheesecake is so simple to put together and requires no cooking! Serve it in the dish and give everyone a spoon to tuck in. See method
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 150g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200ml whipping cream
- 500g 50% less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste or extract
- 3 tbsp Carnation caramel
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Alternatively, use a plastic bag and bash the biscuits with a rolling pin. Pour into a bowl and mix with the melted butter to combine.
- Spoon the mixture over the base of a 26 x 20cm dish and press down with a metal spoon. Place in the fridge to set.
- Put the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat; set aside to cool.
- Whisk the cream until just beginning to thicken. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream cheese, lemon juice, icing sugar and the vanilla paste to soften.
- Gently mix the melted white chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, then very gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the chilled biscuit base, then, using a teaspoon, dot the caramel on top. Use the back of the spoon to swirl the caramel around to decorate.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 5 hrs, or overnight.
Tip: Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 1 hr before to get to room temperature. This cheesecake can be made up to two days in advance. Keep covered in the fridge until required.
See more Cheesecake recipes