1. Stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sliced chilli. Add 2 tbsp boiling water and mix until combined. Add the tofu to the bowl, gently stirring until well coated. Leave to marinade for 5 mins.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook for 5-6 mins until just tender. Drain well and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and lift the tofu out of the marinade into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins on each side until well browned and crispy. Lift out of the pan and set aside.
4. Add the pak choi, carrot and mangetout to the pan and stir-fry for 3-4 mins until beginning to colour.
5. Pour over any remaining marinade from the bowl and cook for 1 min.
6. Add the cooked noodles to the pan along with a splash of boiling water if the sauce is too thick and cook for 1 min, stirring until the noodles are well coated. Return the tofu to the pan to warm through before tipping on a plate to serve.
Tip: Leftover tofu freezes well; why not make extra peanut sauce and freeze marinaded tofu in a lidded container, ready to defrost and cook.
See more Vegetarian recipes