This traditional Spanish dish is delicious at any time of day. Serve as an alternative to a cooked breakfast, or with a salad for lunch or dinner.
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked through and tender (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool before slicing into 1cm slices.
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof frying pan over a low-medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and gently sweat without letting them turn brown.
- Once the onions are soft, add the potatoes to the pan and reduce the heat. If your frying pan isn’t oven proof, transfer the mixture to a round baking dish.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley. Ask the children to beat the mixture together using a fork – they’ll love getting involved at this stage!
- Get your little helpers to pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- Cook in an oven set to Gas Mark 3, 160°C, fan 140°C for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out and serving onto plates.
See more Recipes for kids