Lunch just got a whole lot more exciting with this gorgeous gluten-free grilled chicken recipe. Coated in cumin and garlic, and served atop a bed of silky spinach and creamy curried houmous, it is as delicious as it is vibrant.
- Put the chicken (skin on or removed, according to your preference) in a bowl and coat with the cumin seeds, 2 of the crushed garlic cloves and 2 tbsp oil. Cover and set aside to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile make the houmous. Put the chickpeas, tahini, most of the lemon juice, remaining garlic, curry powder, the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp of water into a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and a little more olive oil, water and lemon juice, if necessary.
- Set a griddle pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, fry for 4-6 mins on each side, until cooked through. Remove from the pan, cover tightly with tin foil and leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a large dry pan and set over a high heat. Turn the spinach from time to time for 2-3 mins, until it has wilted completely. Season to taste.
- To serve, divide the houmous between 4 plates, slice the chicken and put on top with the spinach. Scatter over the spring onions and dried chilli flakes, if using. Serve immediately.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.